How to Make Aromatic Candles at Home
When it comes to DIY Aromatherapy Candles, you should know that you must not use Normal Wax or Paraffin Wax to make them, as they are responsible for increasing indoor pollution. Since they are easily available, we thought to inform you about it at firsthand. So is there a specific Wax for Aromatic candles, the answer is yes. It is the Beeswax, we are talking about. And today we are going to make the DIY version of Beeswax Aromatherapy Candles.
Why Use Beeswax Aromatherapy Candles?
It is because Beeswax Candles in contrary to Regular Wax don’t pollute the indoor air at all. This means they don’t emit harmful toxins when burned. Not only this, they also help in improving various health problems like allergies, asthmas, insomnia, depression etc.
The Benefits of using it are many but the Steps of Making Beeswax Aromatherapy Candles are countable and easy to follow. See below.
How to Make DIY Beeswax Aromatherapy Candles
The 10 Easy ways to make Homemade Beeswax Aromatherapy Candle is:
Gather the mentioned things:
• 1 Square-braided Cotton Wick, as per the Diameter of the container you are going to use.
• 1 pound Beeswax, see this Conversion Calculator for your known Unit of Measurement
• 1 Kitchen Glass Measuring Cup, so that the melting process is clearly visible to you
• 1 Kitchen Tong, as a safety measure to protect your fingers
• 1 Deep Pan
• 1 Wooden Skewer, to stir the mixture
• 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Like Base Oil to sustain Essential Oil’s fragrance in the Candle
• 1 Mason Jar
• A Weighing Scale, in case you don’t know much about the measurements
• 1 Wooden Peg (Clothespin), for holding the wick in place while the Wax gets dried
• 1-2 Tbsp Light Scented Essential Oil of your choice, as Beeswax already has that sweet aroma of honey in it. This also makes the entire candle, durable!
• Newspaper Sheets, to keep your working area clean.
Methods to Follow:
1. Take a deep pan. Fill it with few inches of water. Now place the Glass Measuring Cup inside and add Beeswax and Coconut Oil into it.
2. Heat the same at medium flame. Remember you need not boil the wax. Or else it could ignite.
3. While the Wax is melting, cut the wick to a length longer than the height of Mason Jar or container, which you will be using.
4. Using the tongs, dip the same in the melted wax. In such a way that only the tip of the wick is left uncovered with wax.
5. Place it on the newspaper. Let it dry.
6. To check if the wax has melted completely, use the skewer to stir it at times.
7. Now let it cool down enough so when we add Essential Oil, it will not vaporize it. We need a liquid wax, enough watery to pour in jar but at same time enough cool to let essential oil not loose scent.
8. After following the above step. Carefully fill in the bottom part of the Jar with a thin layer of wax. Enough to mount the wick in it. For mounting the wick, clasp it between the teeth of the clothespin and place it on the mouth of the Jar.
9. Now pour the hot mixture into the Jar. Place the candle in a clean ‘warm’ place, so that it doesn’t cool down quickly. If it does, visible cracks would be seen on your Candle. If you want you can pre-heat an oven at low temperature. Turn it off, when hot and then place your Jar inside.
10. Leave the candle alone for a day or two, after that, you can cut off the extra wick.
Your Aromatherapy Candle rich with various physical, environmental and physiological benefits is now ready.
We are sure that the sweet relaxing aroma of the Aromatherapy Candles would not only light up your house but also your mood and well-being. If you want to make this beautiful experience, beautiful to look too. Here are some Tutorials for DIY Candles Decoration. Hope you like them.